Job Title: Social Worker/Career Manager
Summary: Located in East Harlem, Getting Out and Staying Out (GOSO) is a comprehensive reentry program that serves 16- to -24 year old young men who have been involved in the criminal justice system. By focusing on employment, education, and emotional well-being, GOSO has assisted thousands of young men achieve personal and professional success while avoiding reinvolvement in the criminal justice system.
The Social Worker/Career Manager will work with GOSO participants to develop a plan for successful reentry and help them achieve their goals.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide case management, intakes and biopsychosocial assessments, and individual and group psychotherapy to justice-involved and formerly-incarcerated young men.
- Assist clients in obtaining identification, documents, and other resources.
- Facilitate job readiness workshops.
- Track outcomes and milestones for all participants on caseload; complete paperwork and data-entry in a timely manner.
- Participate in staff meetings and case reviews on a weekly basis.
- Provide court and other advocacy as needed.
- Master Degree in Social Work or Forensic Mental Health Counseling required. Must possess an LMSW and LMHC.
- Spanish speaker preferred.
- Competent, professional, and highly ethical.
- Energetic, resourceful, assertive, and dynamic.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate and skilled in using Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, Google applications, and related programs. Able to learn any necessary proprietary databases and software.
- Knowledge of the following areas preferred: criminal justice, psychotherapy modalities and approaches, and resource development.
- Candidate must have a high level of energy to meet performance outcomes, high expectations for success of participants, and a high level of dedication to the mission of GOSO.
Compensation: $55,000 annually. Eligible for group health insurance, 403(b), and Monthly MetroCard after 90 days.
How to apply: Please send resume, references, and cover letter (a must) to Geoffrey M. Golia, LCSW, Associate Executive Director, Getting Out and Staying Out, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.*
GOSO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.