Meaningful employment is critical to the success of our young men./
Over the years GOSOWorks has established partnerships with a number of business and institutions that share our commitment to providing a second chance to young men who have been incarcerated. These partnerships benefit not only GOSOWorks Participants, but also their families and their communities. They also can greatly benefit our employer partners. We believe that because we prepare our young men well for the workplace, provide them with continued support after they are employed, and encourage them to continue to pursue their education and training, they become outstanding employees, ready to grow with the challenges of the job.
Not only are GOSOWorks’ staffing solutions free, but our Internship-to-Employment (I2E) program can subsidize participants’ employment for up to 240 hours, at zero cost to employers! Our current employer partners include restaurants and bakeries, like Ovenly, Dos Toros, and Nick & Sons Bakery; non-profits like CAMBA, CDSC, Hour Children, and The Horticultural Society of New York; and businesses like Intersection, ERH Contracting, and ABC Worldwide Stone.
- Reduce the costs and risks of hiring: GOSOWorks staff assess the job-readiness of every GOSOWorks Participant in our program before he begins to look for employment. Our job readiness training and life skills workshops provide him with the skills to manage the responsibilities of employment and an understanding of the expectations of employers. A GOSOWorks Participant is not sent on a job interview unless we are convinced that he is ready and able to perform up to expectations.
- Tax credits: Most people we place qualify for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program, allowing the employer to apply for a federal tax credit up to $2,400.
- Candidate network: Employers have access to GOSOWorks’s network of candidates for future needs.
GOSOWorks is committed to placing reliable employees into sound work environments. Our referrals will become a valuable asset to your company. Success is based on the following strategy:
- We will work with you to asses your personnel needs.
- We will find the best match for the job and assist in scheduling interviews.
- You make the selection.
- We will conduct scheduled follow-up meetings with GOSOWorks Participants once they have been hired and will monitor their performance.
Our GOSOWorks Participants have voluntarily committed to restructuring their lives through their participation in the GOSOWorks program. They are skilled and qualified candidates who have passed GOSOWorks’s job readiness requirements and are prepared for the workforce. Many GOSOWorks Participants are in the process of further advancing their education.