Job Title: Employment Development Associate, GOSOWorks, Getting Out and Staying Out (GOSO)
Summary: Located in East Harlem, Getting Out and Staying Out (GOSO) is a comprehensive reentry program that serves 16- to -24 year old young men who have been involved in the criminal justice system. By focusing on employment, education, and emotional well-being, GOSO has assisted thousands of young men achieve personal and professional success while avoiding reinvolvement in the criminal justice system.
GOSO’s employment development program, GOSOWorks, is seeking an Employment Development Associate to assist the Manager of GOSOWorks with all aspects of the employment and wage subsidy program. Reporting to the Manager, the Employment Development Associate will be responsible for developing partnerships with business and other organizations in order to place GOSOWorks participants in subsidized employment opportunities, as well as screening and counseling participants to ensure job readiness and goodness of fit. We’re looking for someone with a passion for assisting young, justice-involved men (particularly our 16- and 17-year-old participants) achieve employment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Researching, contacting, developing relationships, and contracting with businesses and other organizations to place GOSOWorks participants in subsidized employment.
- Screening and counseling participants to ensure they are job ready and a good fit for prospective positions.
- Conducting job readiness workshops with GOSO participants.
- Assisting in recordkeeping, payroll, and reimbursement, including proper documentation of participants, outcomes, and other metrics.
- Maintaining contact with all partners on a weekly basis to confirm participants’ hours and checking on their progress.
- Conducting site visits to employer partners as needed.
- Focus on growth industries such as food service and restaurants, hospitality, maintenance, health care, green industries, construction, and sales/retail.
- Must be a team-player who can work participants’ Social Worker/Career Manager to ensure consistency and coordination.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of relevant experience.
- English-Spanish bilingual preferred.
- Computer literate and skilled in using Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, Google applications, and related programs. Able to learn any necessary proprietary databases and software.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills.
Compensation: $45,000 annually. Eligible for group health insurance and 403(b) after 90 days. Monthly MetroCard after 2 weeks.
How to apply: If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and references to Associate Executive Director, Geoffrey M. Golia, LCSW, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.*
GOSO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.