- Placement will be on Rikers Island. Ability to travel to Rikers 4-5 days a week is mandatory. MUST HAVE A CAR.
- Provide recruitment, assessment of needs, re-entry planning, referral, and individual and group counseling services, to young men, ages 16-24, currently incarcerated/detained at Rikers Island
- Run job-readiness groups 3 times a week at Rikers Island
- Work closely with Department of Corrections and Department of Education staff, as well as community partners to ensure participant access to educational, vocational, and mental health services while incarcerated
- Manage and supervise volunteers and Social Work Intern staff assigned to Rikers Island
- Conduct follow-up outreach for clients, post-release, encouraging them to visit our program office and continue to access reentry services while working towards their professional, academic, and personal goals
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of client cases
- Continuously seek new resources and opportunities to sustain and/or add any necessary services to satisfy the growing needs of clients
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience providing direct social services, preferably to criminal justice involved individuals
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Good computer skills, including the ability to write reports and enter data into a database
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including presentation and public speaking skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly desired
- An unwavering commitment to social justice
- Ability to maintain composure and patience in challenging circumstances
- Ability to obtain correctional facility clearance and work within the constraints of facility guidelines
BENEFITS: Health benefits and transit check after 3 months
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: Entry level, full-time
SALARY RANGE: $45,000 to $50,000, based upon experience
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume, references and cover letter (a must) to Mark Goldsmith, President/CEO, Getting Out and Staying Out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 22, 2018
*No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.