Job Title: Social Worker/Career Manager and Coordinator of Vocational Services
Summary: Located in East Harlem, Getting Out and Staying Out (GOSO) is a comprehensive reentry program that serves 16- to -24 year old young men who have been involved in the criminal justice system. By focusing on employment, education, and emotional well-being, GOSO has assisted thousands of young men achieve personal and professional success while avoiding reinvolvement in the criminal justice system.
The Social Worker/Career Manager and Coordinator of Vocational Services will work with clients in the development of individual educational and vocational plans to achieve a successful reentry.
- Coordinate and expand GOSO’s vocational programming.
- Organize and coordinate our onsite monthly trainings including OSHA and Security Trainings.
- Assist clients in obtaining necessary documents and paperwork to obtain vocational certifications and licenses.
- Develop and facilitate Advanced Computer Skills Workshop.
- Conduct intakes and psychosocial interviews.
- Facilitate Job Readiness Workshops.
- Provide Individual and group counseling.
- Maintain caseload.
- Case management.
- Create community relationships and partnerships that allow participants to gain appropriate vocational training.
- Master Degree in Social Work required. Must possess an LMSW. Spanish speaker preferred.
- Competent, professional, and highly ethical.
- Energetic, resourceful, assertive and dynamic. Must have experience in and dedication to public service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office and related programs.
- Knowledge of the following areas preferred: criminal justice, vocational training, and workforce development.
- Candidate must have a high level of energy to meet performance outcomes, high expectations for success of participants, and a high level of dedication to the mission of GOSO.
Compensation: $50 to $55,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Eligible for group health insurance, 403(b), and Transit Check benefits after 90 days.
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter to Director of Clinical Services, Geoffrey M. Golia at email@example.com. A cover letter is a must!
GOSO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.