Social Distancing Diplomat
Getting Out and Staying Out (GOSO) in conjunction with their Cure Violence team (Stand Against Violence East Harlem- SAVE) will spearhead a community wide effort within East Harlem to distribute PPE as well as educate the community on recommended social distance practices.
Due to the urgency of the global public health crisis, it is imperative to further bolster awareness on the public health pandemic to target audiences, with an emphasis to focus on neighborhoods that have borne the brunt of violence and over-policing and which are suffering most from COVID-19.
Seasonal Part-Time Position: Social Distancing Diplomat
Location: East Harlem Community
Majority of work to be done in the Jefferson, and Johnson Housing Projects
20 hrs per week
Reports To: SDD Supervisor
Salary: $17 per hour
The Social Distancing Diplomat will:
- Detect and interrupt areas where social distancing is not being practiced
- Conduct outreach and engage with community members to inform them of stay at home and social distancing practices
- Provide education for proper PPE utilization
- Anticipate and be responsive to SDE Supervisor’s requests and needs and continuously keep him or her informed as to what is going on in the community
- Support team in planning and executing both community and client events
- Track the number of items they have given out daily.
- Complete all other duties assigned by supervisor
The Social Distancing Diplomat must:
- Be willing to be in community with proper PPE at all times
- Have no pending criminal cases or prior convictions for sexual assault, child abuse or domestic violence
- Have excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Shaquala Fields, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.