Director of GOSOWorks
Getting Out and Staying Out (GOSO) empowers young men to avoid involvement in the criminal justice system by reshaping their futures through educational achievement, meaningful employment, and financial independence. GOSO focuses on the individuals’ capacities and strengths, as well as developmental needs and emotional well-being. Our aim is to promote personal, professional, and intellectual growth through goal-oriented programming and comprehensive social support services. GOSOWorks is a workforce development and wage-subsidy program that connects GOSO participants to employment opportunities with local businesses. Utilizing funding from the City of New York, we screen, interview, and place participants who have completed our job readiness curriculum in internship-to-employment (I2E) opportunities. A GOSOWorks internship is often the first employment experience for many participants, and it helps them use and develop the personal and professional skills needed to succeed in life.
GOSO is working to expand the workforce development programing to include more robust job readiness training and increased permanent job opportunities. We are seeking a candidate that has successfully led workforce development initiatives and can scale the already successful GOSOworks program.
- Manage all aspects of the GOSOWorks Program, GOSO’s workforce development program, including job readiness training, employment placement, payroll and tax compliance, and ensuring reimbursements.
- Develop and oversee a robust workforce development program.
- Manage a team of employees focused on all workforce development programs.
- Manage government contracts.
- Responsible for GOSOWorks’ wage subsidy program, including researching and accessing government and private funding.
- Work with the team to develop and maintain paid internships and permanent employment placements for participants.
- Cultivate and build relationships with internship sites.
- Conduct quarterly site visits to internship sites, or more often as needed.
- Ensure metrics and goal management and data collection on program outcomes utilizing our Salesforce database.
- Research, contact, develop relationships with, and contract with businesses and other organizations to place GOSOWorks participants in subsidized and permanent employment.
- Ensure screening and counseling of all participants to ensure they are job-ready and a good fit for prospective positions.
- All other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, along with 3 to 5 years of experience in workforce development.
- English-Spanish Bilingual preferred.
- Computer literate and skilled in using Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, Google applications, and related programs. Ability to learn GOSO’s Salesforce database and any other databases and software.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills.
- Strong commitment to social and racial justice, criminal justice reform, and youth development.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with experience. Eligible for group health insurance, term-life insurance, and 401(k) after 90 days.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
GOSO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.