Job Title: HR Project Specialist (Staff – People Resources)
Reports To: Chief People Officer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: 50k-58k
Objective of Role: We are looking to employ an enthusiastic HR Project Specialist to handle our daily administrative and HR duties. To ensure success, the right candidate should display excellent organizational and communication skills and provide clerical support for functions related but not limited to: recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, performance management, and HR events.
- Provide administrative support for functions related but not limited to: recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, hiring, performance management evaluations, interviews, and HR events.
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees.
- Provide administrative support during the recruitment & hiring process and maintain updated information during the processes.
- Assist with reference checks and employment contracts.
- Provide clerical support to all internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activities through the HCMS – Insperity software.
- Schedule meetings and interviews.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Works independently and demonstrates initiative, discretion, and good judgment.
- Conceptual thinker with superb organizational and time management skills.
- Reliable and should accurately follow instructions with the ability to multitask and acclimatize in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Commitment to working in a mission driven organization.
- Demonstrated personal ethics and values.
- Cross-team collaboration and cooperation.
- Team-player who works well with a diverse group of people.
- Education towards a degree, major, or minor in Business Administration, HR Management, or related field preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate with capability in email, MS Office.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience. GOSO offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send a resume with cover letter to: email@example.com. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
GOSO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About GOSO: Getting Out and Staying Out has a vision of a world where neither a person’s race nor their prior contact with the legal system determines their future. To work toward that vision, we partner with young people impacted by arrest or incarceration on a journey of education, employment, and emotional well-being. For many of our participants, that journey begins while they are detained or incarcerated, on Rikers Island or in youth detention centers. We work with all interested individuals, regardless of the charges that they face, engaging them in future planning through programing focused on education, employment, and emotional well-being while helping to meet their immediate needs, whether physical (warm clothing, commissary supplies), psychological (correspondence and communication to help maintain links to the outside world), or legal (coordinating with public defense attorneys on courtroom advocacy). Among the major programs that are under the GOSO umbrella are Stand Against Violence East Harlem (SAVE), GOSOWorks, and multiple education programs (including Pathways-to-Graduation, a high school equivalency program). GOSO served its participants and the Harlem community throughout the Pandemic and, in fact, expanded its budget in the past few years. We are currently building our external relations functions, including development, in order to position GOSO for continued growth and expanded impact on those at the heart of our mission.