Social Distancing Diplomat Supervisor
Getting Out and Staying Out (GOSO) in conjunction with their Cure Violence team (Stand Against Violence East Harlem- SAVE) will spearhead a community wide effort within East Harlem to distribute personal protective equipment (PPE) as well as educate the community on recommended social distance practices.
Due to the urgency of the global public health crisis, it is imperative to further bolster awareness on the public health pandemic to target audiences, with an emphasis to focus on neighborhoods that have borne the brunt of violence and over-policing and which are suffering most from COVID-19.
Seasonal Position: Social Distancing Diplomat Supervisor
Location: East Harlem Community
Majority of work to be done in the Jefferson, and Johnson Housing Projects
Reports To: Director of Cure Violence
Salary: $20 per hour
The Social Distancing Diplomat Supervisor will:
- Supervise team of 8 Social Distancing Diplomats
- Ensure that all SDD’s have adequate, up to date training
- Responsible for making sure that all shifts are covered.
- Ensure that proper inventory is kept and provide weekly reports to Director of SAVE and Senior Director of Cure Violence.
- Detect and interrupt areas where social distancing is not being practiced
- Conduct outreach and engage with community members to inform them of stay at home and social distancing practices
- Provide education for proper PPE utilization
- Coordinate with permanent Cure Violence staff if community safety interventions are needed.
- Anticipate and be responsive to Director of Cure Violence’s requests and continuously keep them informed as to what is going on in the community
- Support team in planning and executing both community and client events
- Complete all other duties assigned by supervisor
The Social Distancing Diplomat Supervisor must:
- Have experience supervising small teams
- Be willing to be in community with proper PPE at all times
- Have no pending criminal cases or prior convictions for sexual assault, child abuse or domestic violence
- Have excellent communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Shaquala Fields by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.