Job Title: Senior Director of Educational Programs
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Job Type: Full-time
About GOSO: Located in East Harlem, Getting Out Getting Out and Staying Out (GOSO) empowers 16- to 24-year-olds to avoid involvement in the criminal justice system by reshaping their futures through educational achievement, meaningful employment, and financial independence. Our aim is to promote personal, professional, and intellectual growth through goal-oriented programming and comprehensive social support services. We believe that our focus on career and education is the key to maintaining a recidivism rate under 15% versus a national average of over 60% by helping participants overcome obstacles in reentry and become productive members of society. GOSO also oversees the Stand Against Violence (SAVE) program with a mission to reduce gun violence in East Harlem and beyond.
Objective of Role:
The Senior Director of Educational Programs will report to the Chief Operations Officer (COO). The Senior Director is responsible for the oversight of all GOSO education and vocational training programs. They will be the liaison for the Department of Education and will provide direct oversight to the Pathways to Education Program on the GOSO site. The Senior Director will work with Case Management staff to identify and recruit participants for the Pathways to education program and will actively monitor the program to ensure participants success. The Senior Director will ensure that GOSO has the resources required for participants’ success. Data management, analysis and reporting is key in this position. The Senior Director must be passionate about Criminal and Racial Justice.
- Oversee the onsite Department of Education Pathways to Education Program.
- Manage GOSO’s Vocational Program.
- Ensure participants who complete the vocational program are connected to GOSOworks for employment opportunities and ensure all outcomes are tracked.
- Liaison between the DOE program and GOSO.
- With case management and SAVE staff recruit participants for the Pathways to Education Program.
- Work to ensure that program is at full capacity
- Create metrics and ensure metrics regarding number of participants in the program, graduation rates, etc.
- Create guidelines for volunteers that tutor participants in Pathways to Education Program and merge the volunteers to those guidelines.
- Continuously evaluate the program and program outcomes.
- Ensure GOSO is providing structure and resources that participants require to be successful in education and vocational programs.
- Research and present funding opportunities for education and vocational programming to the development team to pursue as appropriate.
- Manage a case-load of no more than 10 participants.
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
- LCSW or LMSW.
- A passion for criminal and racial justice.
- Outstanding data analytic skills.
- Experience managing data and reporting outcomes.
- Experience creating and managing programs.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Eligible for group health insurance, term-life insurance, and 401(k) after 90 days.
Please send a resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
GOSO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.