Job Title: Director of Education and Employment
Reports To: Chief Program Officer
Job Type: Full-time
About GOSO: Located in East Harlem, Getting Out Getting Out and Staying Out (GOSO) empowers 16- to 24-year-olds to avoid involvement in the criminal justice system by reshaping their futures through educational achievement, meaningful employment, and financial independence. Our aim is to promote personal, professional, and intellectual growth through goal-oriented programming and comprehensive social support services. We believe that our focus on career and education is the key to maintaining a recidivism rate under 15% versus a national average of over 60% by helping participants overcome obstacles in reentry and become productive members of society. GOSO also oversees the Stand Against Violence (SAVE) program with a mission to reduce gun violence in East Harlem and beyond.
Objective of Role: The Director of Education and Employment works to expand GOSO’s workforce development programming, including robust job readiness training, increased permanent job opportunities, and overall career and life opportunity development for Participants. The successful candidate has successfully led workforce development initiatives and young adult development programs, and can scale the already successful GOSOWorks program.
- Develop and manage a robust workforce development program including relationships with, and contract with businesses and other organizations to place GOSOWorks participants in subsidized, paid, part-time, internships, and permanent employment utilizing research and outreach.
- Manage staff and all aspects GOSO’s workforce development program, including job readiness training, employment placement, government contracts, wage subsidy program, payroll and tax compliance, and ensuring reimbursements.
- Lead the programming, staff development, and curricula for the assessment, counseling, job readiness, job placement, and career development of participants.
- Research and access government and private funding in collaboration with the Development staff.
- Cultivate and build relationships with internship sites, including quarterly site visits and evaluations of internship sites.
- Ensure metrics and goal management and data collection on program outcomes utilizing Salesforce database and other tools and models.
- All other duties as required.
- Relationship building expertise with organizations who offer career, jobs and other opportunities.
- Demonstrated capability working with and developing young adults.
- Knowledge of young adult development programs and curricula.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills.
- Strong commitment to social and racial justice, criminal justice reform, and youth development.
- Excellent work ethic
- Commitment to working in a mission driven organization
- Demonstrated personal ethics and values
- Cross-team collaboration and cooperation
- Team-player who works well with a diverse group of people
- Bachelor’s degree required, along with 3 to 5 years of experience in workforce development.
- English-Spanish bilingual a plus.
- Computer literate and skilled in using Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, Google applications, and related programs. Ability to learn GOSO’s Salesforce database and any other databases and software.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. GOSO offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send a resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
GOSO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.