Job Title: Manager of Infrastructure
Reports To: Chief People Officer & Operations
Department: People & Operations
Job Type: Full-time
Objective of Role: The Manager, Infrastructure is responsible for the supervision, development, and maintenance of the framework and systems at the core of the operating platform for the organization. This entails managing the operations and administration team and supporting all departments to deliver services in staff administrative support, IT equipment and services, events, procurement, vendor management, and general office infrastructure. The ideal candidate manages multiple projects, works effectively internally and externally, stewards suppliers, contracts and budgets, and leads and develops a team of direct reports.
- Leads and implements the Operations department in establishing strategic and tactical operating processes, procedures, and systems, working with both internal and external resources
- Maintains ideal office working conditions, including building maintenance and safety standards, and manages infrastructure to accommodate future needs
- Develops and trains operations and administrative staff to ensure maximum productivity and effectiveness
- Manages vendors and suppliers to ensure alignment with operating plans and budgets, including facility management, maintenance, food service, and security
- Maintains data infrastructure organization wide including technology, data security, logs, documentation and reports
- Works with the Director of Communications to ensure timely, accurate and relevant communications across the organization
- Ability to multitask, manage projects, troubleshoot, and problem solve
- Skilled in working with budgets while achieving goals and meeting timelines
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, results oriented, innovative, and practical with a willingness to suggest and make improvements
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Commitment to working in a mission driven organization
- Demonstrated personal ethics and values
- Cross-team collaboration and cooperation
- Team-player who works well with a diverse group of people
- 3 years of experience in Office administration and or Operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Power Point, and Excel
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience. GOSO offers a competitive salary and benefits package
Please send a resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
GOSO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About GOSO: Getting Out and Staying Out has a vision of a world where neither a person’s race nor their prior contact with the legal system determines their future. To work toward that vision, we partner with young people impacted by arrest or incarceration on a journey of education, employment, and emotional well-being. For many of our participants, that journey begins while they are detained or incarcerated, on Rikers Island or in youth detention centers. We work with all interested individuals, regardless of the charges that they face, engaging them in future planning through programing focused on education, employment, and emotional well-being while helping to meet their immediate needs, whether physical (warm clothing, commissary supplies), psychological (correspondence and communication to help maintain links to the outside world), or legal (coordinating with public defense attorneys on courtroom advocacy). Among the major programs that are under the GOSO umbrella are Stand Against Violence East Harlem (SAVE), GOSOWorks, and multiple education programs (including Pathways-to-Graduation, a high school equivalency program). GOSO served its participants and the Harlem community throughout the Pandemic and, in fact, expanded its budget in the past few years. We are currently building our external relations functions, including development, in order to position GOSO for continued growth and expanded impact on those at the heart of our mission.