Triage Support and Data Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Director of Clinical Services and Coordinator of Measurements and Outcomes
Job Type: Full-Time, Salaried
***Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.***
About GOSO: Located in East Harlem, Getting Out Getting Out and Staying Out (GOSO) empowers 16- to 24-year-olds to avoid involvement in the criminal justice system by reshaping their futures through educational achievement, meaningful employment, and financial independence. Our aim is to promote personal, professional, and intellectual growth through goal-oriented programming and comprehensive social support services. We believe that our focus on career and education is the key to maintaining a recidivism rate under 15% versus a national average of over 60% by helping participants overcome obstacles in reentry and become productive members of society. GOSO also oversees the Stand Against Violence (SAVE) program with a mission to reduce gun violence in East Harlem and beyond.
Objective of Role: The Triage and Data Coordinator provides phone triage to participants from 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday, as well as separately helps with data entry and evaluation. This position is a participant facing role and works closely with the Participant Success Managers to strengthen day-to-day support when they are unavailable for triage.
- Collaborate with a team of Participant Success Managers to ensure GOSO participants are uplifted through triage support.
- Write notes of all phone calls in Salesforce and ensure Participant Success Managers are aware of participants’ triage outcomes.
- Works with participants to find the best solution over the phone and in our office; utilizes the internet, is comfortable with phone and occasional in-person advocacy.
- Works closely with Coordinator of Measurement and Outcomes to organize, collect, evaluate and report on program data.
- Inputs data in our custom Salesforce database.
- Supports Senior Director of Clinical Services as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS:
- Ability to work on an interdisciplinary team and set strong boundaries with participants in order to avoid splitting.
- Extremely strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Interest in data entry, evaluation, and reporting.
- Passion and empathy; demonstrates the highest standards of ethics, integrity, respect, and humility.
- Flexible and able to change course or strategy as necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, and able to learn GOSO’s Salesforce database.
- Professional attitude and appearance; friendly demeanor and excellent customer service.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to build skills and grow professionally.
- Capable of working independently as well as exercise initiative, discretion, and good judgment.
- Bachelors in Social Work or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of New York City systems.
- Knowledge of confidentiality and HIPAA regulations.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Eligible for group health insurance, term-life insurance, and 401(k) after 90 days.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
GOSO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.