Job Title: Project Manager/Financial Analyst
Job Type: Full-time
About GOSO: Located in East Harlem, Getting Out Getting Out and Staying Out (GOSO) empowers 16- to 24-year-olds to avoid involvement in the criminal justice system by reshaping their futures through educational achievement, meaningful employment, and financial independence. Our aim is to promote personal, professional, and intellectual growth through goal-oriented programming and comprehensive social support services. We believe that our focus on career and education is the key to maintaining a recidivism rate under 15% versus a national average of over 60% by helping participants overcome obstacles in reentry and become productive members of society. GOSO also oversees the Stand Against Violence (SAVE) program with a mission to reduce gun violence in East Harlem and beyond.
Objective of Role: The Financial Analyst provides financial analysis and support within the Finance team and works cross functionally to support planning, analysis and decision-making throughout the organization. The right candidate is organized, analytical, and proactive. To excel in this role requires proven knowledge of financial forecasting and corporate and non-profit finance models. This includes analyzing past financial performance and forecasting future performance, planning, budgeting, and analysis to support various areas within the organization to achieve goals and objectives.
- Budgeting and estimating costs .
- Designing and planning facilities layout.
- Utilizing and creating financial models
- Producing budgets, projections, forecasts, and financial analysis
- Researching macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions and identifying trends
- Preparing accounting and other required reports and projections based
- Establishing and evaluating records, statements, and plans
- Providing recommendations for improvement based on analysis and trends
- Coordinating with members of the finance team and other members of the organization.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and laws.
- Other duties as required.
- Understanding of and ability to apply financial tools and analysis
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of financial software and tools
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Critical thinking
- Excellent work ethic
- Commitment to working in a mission driven organization
- Demonstrated personal ethics and values
- Cross-team collaboration and cooperation
- Team-player who works well with a diverse group of people
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience as a financial analyst, accountant, or auditor
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Auditing Standards
- Understanding of methods of systems analysis and the principles, design, and procedural methods used in data analysis
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. GOSO offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send a resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
GOSO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.