Job Title: Director of Operations
Job Type: Full-time
About GOSO: Located in East Harlem, Getting Out Getting Out and Staying Out (GOSO) empowers 16- to 24-year-olds to avoid involvement in the criminal justice system by reshaping their futures through educational achievement, meaningful employment, and financial independence. Our aim is to promote personal, professional, and intellectual growth through goal-oriented programming and comprehensive social support services. We believe that our focus on career and education is the key to maintaining a recidivism rate under 15% versus a national average of over 60% by helping participants overcome obstacles in reentry and become productive members of society. GOSO also oversees the Stand Against Violence (SAVE) program with a mission to reduce gun violence in East Harlem and beyond.
Objective of Role: The Director of Operations oversees facilities, operations and technology management to support the day-to-day activities across multiple sites, ensuring that the organization is performing efficiently and effectively. The ideal candidate possesses outstanding organizational skills, a broad knowledge of business operations, project management experience, and understands the technical aspects of an organization’s infrastructure to support day to day business operations and ensure that facilities meet the needs of the organization, our Participants, and staff.
- Oversees daily business operations at all GOSO offices ensuring integrated spaces, maximizing business operations, and creating a safe and comfortable environment for Participants and staff
- Manages and works with staff and suppliers to ensure facilities, equipment, and infrastructure are operating and ready for regular business and events
- Creating functional strategies and developing policies and safety procedures to support the functional infrastructure and ensure compliance
- Negotiates, coordinates and implements all facility and technology projects, contracts and vendor relationships
- Manages operations and facilities workflow, business processes, and required reporting
- Contributes to the success of GOSO’s mission through effective leadership and management of the operations, technology, and facilities strategies, goals and projects
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of operations, facilities, technology, and multiple site management functions
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes with efficiency and productivity
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Track record of successfully managing budgets, contracts, and vendor relationships
- Works well with people, teams, internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent work ethic
- Commitment to working in a mission driven organization
- Demonstrated personal ethics and values
- Cross-team collaboration and cooperation
- Team-player who works well with a diverse group of people
- Education and experience in operations, administration, facilities, engineering, property management, or related field. Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing operations and facilities.
- Proven ability to manage budgets in a similar multi-site role
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge with Google and Microsoft office applications
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. GOSO offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send a resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
GOSO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.