Job Title: Staff Operations — General Administrative Support
Reports To: Chief People Officer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: 41k-45k
Objective of Role: Looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented candidate to keep our office running smoothly and efficiently. The ideal candidate will support the administrative functions of our organization’s departments. This is a great opportunity to participate and learn from diverse projects and provide general administrative support. A pleasing personality with strong communication skills is also highly valued.
- Assist with office operation and general office support.
- Assist with the front desk by welcoming all visitors to the GOSO office when needed.
- Admin and operational support in the preparation of events.
- Assist in work assignments of different departments.
- Provide back-up support as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Commitment to working in a mission driven organization.
- Demonstrated personal ethics and values.
- Cross-team collaboration and cooperation.
- Team-player who works well with a diverse group of people.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Two to three years of experience in an administrative role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as record keeping and filing.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience. GOSO offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send a resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
GOSO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About GOSO: Getting Out and Staying Out has a vision of a world where neither a person’s race nor their prior contact with the legal system determines their future. To work toward that vision, we partner with young people impacted by arrest or incarceration on a journey of education, employment, and emotional well-being. For many of our participants, that journey begins while they are detained or incarcerated, on Rikers Island or in youth detention centers. We work with all interested individuals, regardless of the charges that they face, engaging them in future planning through programing focused on education, employment, and emotional well-being while helping to meet their immediate needs, whether physical (warm clothing, commissary supplies), psychological (correspondence and communication to help maintain links to the outside world), or legal (coordinating with public defense attorneys on courtroom advocacy). Among the major programs that are under the GOSO umbrella are Stand Against Violence East Harlem (SAVE), GOSOWorks, and multiple education programs (including Pathways-to-Graduation, a high school equivalency program). GOSO served its participants and the Harlem community throughout the Pandemic and, in fact, expanded its budget in the past few years. We are currently building our external relations functions, including development, in order to position GOSO for continued growth and expanded impact on those at the heart of our mission.