REENTRY THAT WORKS
- START YOUR OWN PROGRAM
- Bring Getting Out and Staying Out’s reentry model to your community.
- Getting Out and Staying Out’s reentry model is based on three principles:
- Immediate initiation of reentry planning upon incarceration,
- Sustained contact and comprehensive services during incarceration, and
- Delivery of a tightly coordinated continuum of services at a single location after release that focuses on education, employment and social service support.
Over the years GOSO has received hundreds of emails and letters from all over the country with requests for information, and an expressed interest in GOSO’s reentry model. In response we have designed a template that outlines the steps GOSO has taken to develop essential partnerships with government and social service agencies, establish and brand the organization, develop support and funding, and design effective programs and services that respond to the needs of participants. For more information on how you can start a reentry program in your community, download a pdf file of our reentry template “The GOSO Roadmap.” We always encourage individuals and organizations interested in the reentry process to contact us directly by phone or email, or even better, to arrange a visit to our East Harlem office and see first hand how our program works to reduce recidivism in New York City.