REENTRY THAT WORKS
- EMPLOYER PARTNERSHIPS
- Meaningful employment is critical to the suiccess of our young men.
- Over the years GOSO has established partnerships with a number of business and institutions that share our commitment to providing a second chance to young men who have been incarcerated. These partnerships benefit not only our program participants, but also their families and their communities. They also can greatly benefit our employer partners. We believe that because we prepare our young men well for the workplace, provide them with continued support after they are employed, and encourage them to continue to pursue their education and training, they become outstanding employees, ready to grow with the challenges of the job.
Benefits for employers
- Reduce the costs and risks of hiring: GOSO staff members assess the job-readiness of every participant in our program before he begins to look for employment. Our job readiness training and life skills workshops provide him with the skills to manage the responsibilities of employment and an understanding of the expectations of employers. No GOSO program participant is sent on a job interview unless we are convinced that he is ready and able to perform up to expectations.
- Tax credits: Most people we place qualify for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit Program, allowing the employer to apply for a federal tax credit up to $2,400.
- Candidate network: Employers have access to GOSO's network of candidates for future needs.
How can GOSO Help your business?
GOSO ia committed to placing reliable employees into sound work environments. Our referals will become a valuable asset to your company. Success is based on the following strategy:
- We will work with you to asses your personnel needs.
- We will find the best match for the job and assist in scheduling interviews.
- You make the selection
- We will conduct scheduled follow-up meetings with participants once they have been hired and will monitor their performance
Who will we refer?
- Our participants have voluntarily committed to restructuring their lives through their participation in the GOSO program.
- Our participants are skilled and qualified.
- Our candidates have passed GOSO's job readiness requirements and are prepared for the workforce.
- Many of our program participants are in the process of further advancing their education